Saturday, February 06, 2010

I can't dance..

"I can't dance, I can't talk.
The only thing about me is the way I walk."
(lyrics from Phil Collins' song)

During my practice of do-in / qigong (for example
the 7 Qigong of Prof. LEUNG KOK YUEN )
I had been amazed to consciously observe my way of walking, moving my legs, or just placing my feet.
How many good or bad habits I had accumulated over the years.
Am I already a step a-head and thus tried to put all my weight already on one leg although its foot hadn't been placed yet.
Do I stomp with my heels, or rather walk cat-like on my toes, thus neither taking advantage of the flexible "roll-on" feature of my feet?
Engaging my calves fully when doing so?
(the calves are one place where unnecessary stress energy might get accumulated thus stiffen them >> using them appropriately will massage them internally and thus free them).

Give it a try once in a while, just to see & feel what difference it makes.

Happy walking.




- via BlogPress iPhone

No comments: